Head of Year 11
Mr M Chapman
Year 11 is the most important year in your child’s education to date. In their final year of compulsory education, your child can expect to be sitting GCSE and BTEC examinations and completing controlled assessments throughout the year. It is crucial that students in Year 11 begin the year with an excellent work ethic and continue to work hard with their teachers and other staff in school, in order to achieve and even to exceed their target grades. .
Year 11 Vision
Cwmbran High School Year 11 pupils will develop patience, resilience and confidence in order to become independent learners. Pupils will be ambitious, adaptable and proud of their achievements. They will be socially aware citizens with positive aspirations for their futures.
How can your child achieve their potential?
- Attend all lessons and arrive on time.
- Bring the correct equipment to school. Pupils should have their own pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, calculator, colour pencils and glue stick.
- Complete independent work at home. Make sure that all assignments are completed and submitted on time. Revision is more effective when it is done in short, regular sessions – ‘little and often’.
- Use Hwb / Google classroom to catch up with any work missed. All pupils have been issued with Hwb emails and passwords. This gives pupils free access to Google classrooms on any device such as laptops and tablets.
- BBC Bitesize has recently been updated for most subject areas and has excellent resources aimed specifically at the WJEC exam board in Wales. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/z98jmp3
If you require further information or support please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org