Keeping all students safe is extremely important at Cwmbran High School and all staff and governors recognise the responsibility they have to ensure the safeguarding policy and procedures are followed fully. All children have a right to be protected from all forms of abuse and discrimination and to be treated equally regardless of age, gender, racial, culture, religious belief, language, disability or sexual identity.
If you have any concerns regarding a child's wellbeing or in the event of a disclosure, contact the Designated Senior Officer (DSO) or Deputy Designated Senior Persons (DDSO) at the school. If a disclosure is made about the Headteacher contact the Chair of Governors. The full Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be found in the Policies section of the website.
The Cwmbran High School Child Protection and Safeguarding Team:
Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer
Mrs Sally Hayes- Email: email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer
Mrs Robyn Woodcock- Robyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cwmbran High School we aim:
· To ensure that we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
· To raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
· To develop and then implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
· To support students who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
· To establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
· To recognise that because of the day to day contact with children, school staff are well placed to observe the signs of potential abuse.
· To establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
· To ensure that children know that there are adults in the school whom they could approach if they are worried.
· To include opportunities in the curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse.