WELCOME FROM THE HEADTEACHER
Cwmbran High School will be:
- A well established, high achieving academic school
- A centre of excellence for teaching and learning
- Full of highly trained and dedicated staff
- Have a reputation for high standards
- Will be the school of choice.
Pupils will be:
- Motivated, hardworking and driven
- Have high aspirations
- Achieve their target grades
- Look smart, be courteous and
have a good name in the local community
- Successful in school and life.
I am extremely happy and very proud to be appointed as Headteacher of ‘Cwmbran High School’ as of September 2015.
I have already started making plans to ensure a smooth transition for pupils from Fairwater High and Llantarnam
into the new school. Both schools have already done a considerable amount of work together in terms of curriculum planning, and we have agreed a series of meeting and joint INSET days to ensure priorities are addressed in plenty of
time for the opening of the new school.
This will be my sixth Secondary School that I have worked in. My first 3 were in Hampshire. I started as a Science teacher
in Gosport, then a Head of Science in Farnborough and also as an Assistant Headteacher in a tough inner city school in Portsmouth. I returned to Wales in 2008, where I worked at Duffryn High School in Newport and then onto Fairwater High School in 2010, initially as a Deputy Headteacher and became the Headteacher in 2013.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to establish an outstanding school in the heart of Cwmbran.This will be a high achieving, academic school that will bring success to its pupils and the local community.”