Please find below the latest information from Welsh Government regarding new guidance around testing and isolating and the NHS Covid Pass.
NHS COVID Pass
From 11th October 2021, you must use the NHS COVID Pass to show that you are fully vaccinated or have tested negative to attend large events, nightclubs and other similar venues. Please see information below on how to access your NHS COVID Pass.
How to get your NHS COVID Pass: https://gov.wales/get-your-nhs-covid-pass
Using the NHS COVID Pass to access premises and events in Wales: https://gov.wales/use-nhs-covid-pass-attend-large-events-and-venues
Using the NHS COVID Pass for international travel: https://gov.wales/use-nhs-covid-pass-international-travel
New Guidance Around Testing and Isolating
On Tuesday 5th October 2021, Welsh Government released a statement with new guidance on COVID-19 testing for children and young people and for staff working in special schools and colleges. The changes will formally come into effect from Monday 11th October 2021.
Summary of changes
- Secondary school/college pupils who live with a household member who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be advised to undertake daily LFT tests for seven days (every morning before attending school/college).
- This in addition to PCR tests on Day 2 and Day 8 (currently the case).
- Primary school children will continue to be advised to take a PCR test on Day 2 and Day 8.
Children under 5
- We will no longer recommend that children under 5 years of age take COVID-19 tests without symptoms.
- Where children under 5 have symptoms, we would not routinely recommend tests – unless directed to do so by a doctor or if parents believe a test is absolutely necessary and in the best interests of the child.
- Vaccinated staff working in a special educational provision who are identified as a contact (household or otherwise), (subject to a risk assessment) will be required to receive a negative PCR test before attending work and then undertake daily lateral flow tests thereafter for 10 days.
- Guidance about self-isolating: https://gov.wales/self-isolation
- You can book a test at https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
- You should continue to isolate while waiting for a test result.
You can view the full written statement from Welsh Government here: https://gov.wales/written-statement-future-arrangements-covid-19-testing-children-and-young-people-and-staff-working
Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Aneurin Bevan
Ysbyty Sant Cadog
Ffordd y Lodj
Ffôn: 01633 435953 (ext 55953)
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
St Cadoc’s Hospital
Phone: 01633 435953 (ext 55953)