YEAR 6 INTAKE EVENING
Monday 13th June 2016 at 6.30 pm in the Hall.
See Transition Information for Year 4, 5 & 6 Primary School students for 2016 by clicking the link below….
The transition from primary to secondary school is important in the lives of children and their families. At Cwmbran High school we aim to provide a planned and structured transition to ease pupils and parents through this change. A successful transition is an important first step in helping children to achieve their potential.
The aim of transition from primary to secondary is to;
- Make sure each child is happy when they move from their primary school to Cwmbran High School.
- Support parents in preparing for the move from primary to secondary school.
- Encourage pupils to become more independent.
- Ensure that any relevant information from the primary school or outside agencies is acknowledged and acted upon.
The transition process begins in Year 4 to gradually introduce pupils to Cwmbran High School over a period of time, ensuring the move into Year 7 is a natural progression.
Transition events include:
- Summer term Year 4: Morning visit to participate in lessons.
- Summer term Year 5: Morning visit and French breakfast to experiencelanguages, such as Russian and Italian.
- Autumn Term Year 6: Morning visit and open evening. Parents have theopportunity to tour the school and meet with staff ofthe various subjects to be studied.
- Spring Term Year 6: Head of Year 7 visits each primary school to share information and identify pupils with additional needs for the enhanced transition programme. Parents meeting at each primary school with transition co-ordinator.
- Summer Term Year 6: Year 6 taster day, enterprise day and 5/60 transition sports day.
Parents and pupils will also be invited to attend an intake evening where pupils will meet their Year 7 form tutor and parents have the opportunity to discuss any remaining concerns they may have.
If you wish to discuss any details further please contact Mrs C Ager, Assistant Headteacher/transition at the school.