Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
Mr L Pollock
All pupils with identified ALN at Cwmbran High School are fully included in all lessons and will therefore have access to the full curriculum:
- All pupils with identified ALN will be recorded on the school’s ALN Register which is circulated to all staff within the school. This register is reviewed twice a year and amended accordingly. Parents will be informed where necessary.
- Students who have a Statement of Educational Needs will have an Annual Review yearly.
At Cwmbran High School the ALC (Additional Learning Centre) is the hub for providing and co ordinating support for pupils who require it.
In addition we have an Internal Referral Unit for supporting pupils who require extra support with managing behaviour and their emotional needs.
In addition Cwmbran High School is the base for Local Authority provision for pupils with Hearing Impairments, and Language and Communication Difficulties (see further information).
Cwmbran High School has a dedicated and experienced ALN teaching team, led by Mr Pollock and supported by nearly 50 Learning Support Assistants.
- Support for ALN pupils can include
- LSA Withdrawal
- Literacy / Numeracy Support
- Individual Education Plans
- Individual Behaviour Plans
- Use of LEA Services ( Ed Psych , Spld Tutor )
- Referral to Other Outside Agencies
- LSA support in class
- Alternative Curriculum
- At all times Parents/Carers will be kept informed and fully involved.
- All pupils who are identified requiring Additional Learning Needs (ALN) in Primary School will be known to us before they arrive. We will visit Primary Schools in the summer term and attend Annual Reviews and other relevant meetings.
- Whilst at Cwmbran High School pupils may be further identified via class teachers.
- For further information contact Mr Pollock (ALENCO)